Saturday, 3 May 2008

Arrrr Naaah! Not the NeoCons!

Beaman is now writing for NeoConstant. I couldn't say I'm a neo-conservative myself, but I would say I am somewhere between Muscular Liberal and the Tory party, but I do find certain elements of the neoconservative idea of spreading democracy unarguably a worthwhile cause.

NeoConstant does say

NeoConstant urges strong social tolerance and individual liberties for all people regardless of race, sexual orientation, creed, or class.

Who could argue with that?

Well, err, thinking about it, quite a few left-liberals do argue against that in foreign lands (whilst making damn sure they have their liberty in their own country).

3 comments:

NeoConstant said...

"Well, err, thinking about it, quite a few left-liberals do argue against that in foreign lands (whilst making damn sure they have their liberty in their own country)."

Terribly true. The irony is palpable, but unfortunately not as apparent as one would expect.

Thanks for the shout-out, by the way. We are still in our infant stages, and the more attention drawn to our humble journal, the better.

Cheers!

~E.D. Kain

Roland Dodds said...

Thanks for the head up Marvin. I will check their site out with more frequency.

While I say I might be a neocon, I generally feel more at home as a muscular liberal. Whatever the fuck that means.

But anyone who is a supporter of universal human rights and international democracy is a friend of mine.

Beaman said...

I'm sure the collected term makes no sense but I tend to think of myself as a "Social Democratic Neo-Con". :-p

What it basically means is that when it comes to social matters like gay marriage, secularism and the like, I am very much on the left, but that same liberal left disgusts me in their moral relativism, and exactly as you stated, their lack of care (despite their gobs) for innocents in peril worldwide.